Marca have a big article on the future of Angel Di Maria on Monday. They say that he's set to become a PSG player for a huge €80m. That fee is something of a surprise, Marca themselves were saying not so long ago that Real Madrid wanted €40m for the Argentine international so for the final fee to be double is a little eyebrow raising.
Tottenham Hotspur are often linked with players from across Europe because, well, they're an easy target for journalists looking to fill a few column inches. And that trend doesn't look like it is going to go away any time soon as Spurs have today been linked with full-back Miguel Lopes from Sporting Lisbon by Portugal's Mais Futebol.
Can't see many Manchester United fans shedding any tears about this one. Reports in Italy suggest Marouane Fellaini is now a Napoli player... on loan at least. Apparently Napoli director Riccardo Bigon was seen at a hotel in Brussels with Marouane Fellaini and a deal is being discussed according to CalcioNapoli24.it.
Southampton fans will be hoping the club can quickly spend some of the fortune brought in this summer from selling players. The whole club needs a boost and some genuinely good players who are ready to help them have another good season. It's important to get off to a good start under new manager Ronald Koeman, if only to avoid the vultures of the press.
On Tuesday Spanish newspaper AS said Javier Manquillo was a step away from Liverpool and on Wednesday Marca claim that the transfer will be announced within 'a matter of hours'. That can often be a saying in Spain and not literal, but it means that they think the deal is very close and is likely to be completed soon.
El Confidencial won't let the Iker Casillas to Arsenal rumour go. The Spanish outlet have good ties to Real Madrid and on occasion it looks like they're acting as the club's mouthpiece. For the Casillas rumours to be untrue then there would have to be a greater reason for them than click-bait, they have never appeared to be that kind of outlet.
The Vidal stories are continuing apace in Italy and specifically with Turin newspaper Tuttosport. It's claimed on Tuesday that Manchester United have come back in with a second offer having had their first one refused. Tuttosport say that an original proposal which would have seen Juventus receive €40m plus a further €3m in bonuses was rejected immediately by Juventus chief Beppe Marotta.
Javier Manquillo had been wanted by Arsenal according to reports in Spain. The Premier league club had gone about things the right way and contacted his current club Atletico Madrid but were told that the young Spanish fullback wasn't going anywhere.
Yesterday we did a piece on the Juan Cuadrado rumours to Manchester United and said that the story simply wouldn't go away. It's not done on Tuesday and spanish newspaper Sport are back with the Manchester United claims.