Dinamo Zagreb have hit back over claims their director Zoran Mamic said that Luka Modric was already a Real Madrid player. The Mamic comments were made to a Croatian magazine and seemed to be mamic showing off that he had inside information but the news got out of control and reached England and Spain, which has led to Dinamo Zagreb making an official statement on their website.

The statement reads:

In the Croatian media on Sunday 29.7.2012 information emerged about the alleged statements GNK Dinamo sporting director Zoran Mamic made regarding a potential transfer of Luka Modric to Real Madrid - FC GNK strongly denies the allegations.

Mamic said:

- Never, I never gave anyone such a statement. Of course it is my desire and for all who love football that Luka Modric was signed yesterday for giants such as Real Madrid, but I do not have on any information or know anything more than what I read in the media.

Zoran Mamic is the father of Luka Modric's agent and the pair have been accused of planting stories in the Croatian press throughout the transfer saga with the intention of making the move happen. Zagreb stand to receive a cut of any Modric transfer as long as the move is outside the Premier League and this has also been pointed out as a conflict of interest.

Mamic may be more wary of speaking to the press about a possible transfer in future given that the club have had to release a statement on his behalf. 

Views: 4592

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ha, that's quite possibly the best mistake we've ever made. Thanks for pointing it out. 

We didn't mean anything by it, honest. 

RSS

START A DISCUSSION

© 2018   Created by SPORT WITNESS.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service