Luis Suarez claims huge Manchester United conspiracy during Uruguay interview

Luis Suarez cannot be so unintelligent that he's unaware interviews in his home country will find their way to England quickly, so you have to assume these latest comments - if genuine - have been made to send a message to the authorities and press in this country. All day we've been seeing quotes attributed to him on social networks and have been looking for a transcript of the interview, or the actual video which we could translate ourselves.

We haven't been able to find that, which does give some doubt, but now Mirror Football have got hold of the quotes and we trust that they have been able to put more research into it than we did. Suarez talks in detail about how he felt after the incident with Patrice Evra.

They say Suarez said during an interview with TV show RR Gol "People at the club are sure that it was a way that Manchester United used to put me out of the team and stop Liverpool.

"But in England, Man United has this political power, and you have to respect that and shut your mouth."

It sounds almost childish and something a paranoid fan would dream up and that he still thinks the whole thing was an organised conspiracy against him is odd to say the least, it paints a picture of what the reaction at Anfield will have been like surrounding the incident.

It's not just the football authorities which Luis Suarez thinks are run to benefit Manchester United and harm Liverpool, but the press too. In another bizarre claim, he said "It was a misunderstanding, what happened between me and Evra at Old Trafford when we were to shake hands.

"In fact, I think it was all arranged against me again, as it had happened with the punishment."

He doesn't hold any grudges against Manchester United fans "But Man United fans respect me.

"I have an anecdote: One day, after what had happened with the Man United player, a Man United fan came to the restaurant where I was having lunch with my wife and asked for a picture. He told me, 'I admire you as a footballer.'"

Liverpool have a new director of communications following their shambolic handling of this issue, no doubt he wishes he could control what players say when talking to journalists in their own country. 

Views: 10091

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'll look forward to you qualifying that reply with a reasoned argument.

Until then, I have no choice but to assume you're just one of an army of Mancs who is happy to have his opinions spoonfed to him as long as they taste nice.

Suarez and LFC have been an utter disgrace throughout the whole saga.

Only SOME Liverpool fans don't see this, it would be disgusting if it wasn't a little amusing watching you all dig deeper.

Everytime i see the bloke he becomes more and more like the court jester... I keep expecting to hear jingles everytime he walks... and we already know his new club shirts will make him look like a clown, but why does he have to behave like one?

Liverpool fans... let look at the evidence shall we? He said it, he admitted he said it and it wasn't said "sarcistically" lol. He tried to justify it as a social difference... lol he got punished when Evra and United rightly reported it... stop with this conspiracy... lol... you're all becoming jokes very quickly.

Liverpool supporter here

This is becoming oh so very tedious and excessively boring.

Manchester United have no more sway over the FA or Football League (yes they play in one of their tournaments too) than Derby County or West Ham United. 

They sometimes get decisions ? Well sorry about that people, but I seem to recall the same accusations being hurled at Liverpool in the 70's and 80's. You make  your own luck. And if they had so much say within the FA would Rio Ferdinand have got such a hefty ban for, what realistically boiled down to, not having a slash ? 

Get a bloody grip on all this conspiracy garbage. Stick to the moon landings and who killed JFK.

As for Suarez... let it go. It has happened, clocks not being turned back. 

If he wants to be a prat and mouth off about silly things, then leave him to it. Please do not be foolish enough to fall into the same trap.

If you want to be bored to tears I will give you my opinion on the matter, as I read the independant report.

But I would much prefer to be the last post on this matter and it is put to bed and forgotten about. 

Like it should have been, some time ago.

RSS

START A DISCUSSION

© 2019   Created by SPORT WITNESS.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service