We should have the edge at the weekend, we are undefeated at home while Wednesday have only won once away and that was in August.

They are the only team that Bolton have managed to beat this season, Even the Blues beat them at St Andrews.

So we should be confident, but I know none of us ever are, we keep expecting the disappointment, heaven, half of us seem to be unhappy even when we win!!!!!!

Same team is likely unless Kodjia is back, he has to put the kids on the bench doesn't he?

I am hopeful of another 3 points to keep pace with the top two.

Views: 110

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I haven't a clue how to call this game.

We are average at Blues but give Preston a good hiding.

Bruce plays for a draw at a terrible out of form Brum but plays exciting attacking football at a good side in Preston.

I think Wednesday will play for a draw with us having to work hard to break them down.

so I will go with heart and say villa win 2;1.

If I was Bruce, I'd be tempted to keep more or less the same team. Hutton plus Adomah are now giving us attacking intent down the left. Personally I'd stick De Laet in at RB and shove Elno further forwards, but Bruce won't drop Snoddy.

If Onomah is out then I'd stick either Hogan or Grealish up front. Hogan may not have made much of an impact yet but I think him and Davis could form a good partnership. So could Grealish and Davis, I'd also play Jedi instead of Whelan; I know Whelan fights to the end but Jedi is a better player. Again, don't think Bruce will do that; he might play the two but I reckon that would be a mistake.

We ought to win this. However, Wednesday don't have quite the problems of Preston, and I think we need to play at least as well to do that. Still feel we need a bit more of an edge up front.

Dam good post McP - agreed Preston were a good attacking outfit but defence frailties which we could have exploited but after a really good 1st half performance our illustrious manager decided that we had done enough & again decided to surrender possession which allowed Preston back into the game had it not been for a really good defence show (dare I say it from Terry & Whelan) then we might have been fortunate to get 3 pts !

We have the squad to more than compete in this league - we are lacking a manager ! 

Pour me an ouzo Greek, I agree we need more ambition from our manager, points are important but goals may come into it at the end of the season.

Come on Bruce grow some!

The good home record is one thing but as has been said if the OWL'S set up to play for a draw we should firstly try and win the game and secondly try and put as many goal's past them as possible .

As has been said point's are one thing but at season's end it might not just be point's but goal's that come into play .

Go on Bruce go for it we have the player's to win this match in style give them a chance to shine at home for the fan's .

U.T.V

Rizla01

Well he must be reading this as he’s playing Davis and Hogan otherwise same team.

1st minute goal down ?

Fortress Villa has just had it's wall's breached .

Need a goal before half time now .

U.T.V

Rizla01

0-2 after 23 minutes Terry off injured.

Now you’re being tested Bruce

Sod this i am off to finish putting the door's on my cupboard's every time i post on here about a up coming game Villa always lose .

talk to you chap's about 5.30 after my post's cannot have any affect on result .

U.T.V.

Rizla01

I knew it!! When I was writing the OP, I just knew it LOL!!!!
Saw this on Twitter after this defeat. I have to say I agree, we are in the top 6, we will lose more games before our fate is settled, whatever that may be. I do not think Bruce is a great manager, but it is better to stick with him now, in my opinion than call for change.

"If fans want you out after your 2nd loss in 12 games then no one will ever want to manage Villa. Wish fans had a bit of resilience. #avfc"
Saw this on Twitter after this defeat. I have to say I agree, we are in the top 6, we will lose more games before our fate is settled, whatever that may be. I do not think Bruce is a great manager, but it is better to stick with him now, in my opinion than call for change.

"If fans want you out after your 2nd loss in 12 games then no one will ever want to manage Villa. Wish fans had a bit of resilience. #avfc"

RSS

START A DISCUSSION

© 2018   Created by SPORT WITNESS.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service