Two wins in succession; are we on a role, to make it three? Maybe we ought to be, but are we? I have some doubts.

I'm told that the QPR win was an excellent performance. We followed it by beating the bottom team, but with a pretty dreary performance. I think Bruce made a big mistake, which may have consequences against Ipswich. The mistake was to play the same team, when he could easily have freshened it up with not too much risk. There were players on the bench who could have livened it up, and achieved a much better performance. It was only Sunderland after all. As it was, some players were pretty exhausted; apart from anything else, that's when injuries occur.

If he'd done that, he could have reverted to his favourite 11 for the Ipswich game, with the more vulnerable members suitably refreshed. As it is, if he plays the same team, as I think he will, we could have too many jaded players on the pitch. Against Ipswich that could be fatal; at our best we ought to win comfortably, less than that and they're good enough to get a result.

He might of course make changes for this one. I think that would be good. We need something different up front, maybe Jack; at the moment we're relying on Adomah, maybe too much. Maybe it's time to give Whelan a rest and play Jedinak. He could even be bold and play De Laet or Lansbury. We have players who ought to be used more; his favourite 11 isn't that good enough to be played every week whatever.

Winning on Saturday would give a big boost to our progress. We have some difficult matches coming up and we do need some momentum.

Thoughts?

Views: 63

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think Jedinak will play, I'd like to see the young lad get a full game Doyle Hayes and a run out at some time for O'Hare. Grealish must be pushing for a start as well.

But as long as they are honest and tell the boss the truth, if his favs are ready let them play :-)

Can the Blues get a result against Sheff U to help us? 

Cardiff have a tough one at Forest, while Wolves should win again.

I'm looking up, not down!!!

I too worry about Bruces selections, its back to MoN days of favourites chosen to play whatever.

There is no reason why we shouldn't win this game but we do need to rest a couple of players, its a game to give one of the kids his chance and bring some energy to the game.

I'll still go for a win though as its a very important time for us to maintain this run.

Bruce said today that the way the players played against QPR there was no way he was going to tell any of them that they weren't going to play against Sunderland. Also said that if a player was dropped through injury they were going to have to wait for a slot to get back in. Think he misses the point.

Kodjia out for an operation, if we stay in contention, I think Bruce deserves a pat on the back. Been unlucky with injuries, but we are still near the top.

Got to pick up a striker somewhere soon.

Same team again except Jedinak in at centre back for Samba.

Another win. Uncle Albert is a superstar!

Come on City and Forest.

Good win. When did we last do three on the trot? This should do a lot for morale, and boost that winning mentality.

Davis and Jedinak injured, but at least we have options to get around that.

Albert the Greatest!

Blues 1-0 up at half time, come on don't let us down LOL!!

Good win, as you say Uncle Albert absolutely great, where would we be without him. Still think we should play a kid or two, as the injuries are going we may have to play all of them soon.

We have been badly hit with key injuries, it will be Wolves turn in due course and it will be interesting to see how they cope.

So far so good, just got to keep it up now.

RSS

START A DISCUSSION

© 2018   Created by SPORT WITNESS.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service