We have signed four players and now I read that we have given a 12 month deal to Samba, with Bruce saying he wants more signings.

I thought we were shipping players out not increasing the numbers. Does Bruce know we can only have eleven on the pitch at any time?

Oh please let's get promoted this year and then get rid of this muppet. A new manager next season will want to sign a new team based on this lot.

Views: 96

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

C'mon JDHS I thought that it was only me that was so pessimistic ?

I can agree with some of the logic of buying seasoned professionals to get us promoted - if that happens then what ? We used to have a very strong young team under MON yes ok winning loads 1-0 but we were then winning in EPL to finish 6th - now where is our future beyond 2yrs when these seasoned pro's are drawing their pensions ! the youngsters are not tried to progress with this managers ideology - he should have been removed weeks ago !

Have to say we played pretty well just now to beat Duisberg. 3-0, Green x 1, Hogan x 2. We need to keep on playing like that, using the width and creating chances. Hogan is really fast. Deadly. O'Hare played well to set up Green. Maybe Elmo is OK, he was a handful on the wing.

Well not sure what we were up against today, but we won both games.

A few of the kids got a run out. Samba is growing on me, beast!

Negatives. Get rid of Amavi and Richards, fast. Gabby was pluses and minuses. Not sure about Whelan; old school enforcer but gave the ball away with poor passes several times.

Pluses: Elmo could be a pretty good buy. Hogan looks tops. Green good as usual. Defence sound. The youngsters looked keen and good. Good attacking displays.

Villa win LOL

Are we now saying the we now have a manager that knows how to attack ?

We showed attacking play against conference sides & won - with youngsters !

these German sides are what they call championship by our our standards they are lower than our non league so please do not think that our Brucie has changed his style because we have won 2 matches against second or even 5th rate Bundesliga teams - don't forget  what the UK league teams showed us in the friendlies ? Shrews & Walsall.

Yes ok a good pre season run out & I am pleased we won a few (not used to that ) but don't let your expectations of a dramatic change in our fortunes cloud your views of what could be another difficult season ahead - yes a few good signings but Whelan ??

Ok going back to walk me dog then another ouzo !

Big question mark over Bruce was his ability to put together a team which knows how to attack. Still not sure; the next few games will tell us. But certainly with the performances in Germany there are some positive signs.

You can hardly call Hertha Berlin 2nd rate. 6th in the top tier of the Bundesligia. In the Europa Cup. German teams are fit and know how to pass. That was a good win. We were probably helped by the fact that they didn't quite know what to expect in the way that Championship teams do, but it was still a good win.

Sorry McP I only looked at the 1st match in Germany - agreed it was a good result.

The crunch match for us supporters & Brucie  will be the one on 1st day of season against a newly relegated really poor EPL side - we got stuffed last year by a newly promoted team in Boro - the outcome of this match may well determine the supporters resolve - me not convinced but I will be among the 1st to cheer & celebrate if we can perform to how we lot expect - in anticipation I am building up my stocks of ouzo & feta.

Hull is a hell of a test. It's one we should be looking to win, Hull are not in a good place, but in past seasons it's the sort of match we'd lose.

RSS

START A DISCUSSION

© 2017   Created by SPORT WITNESS.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service