"Former Aston Villa club captain Stiliyan Petrov has accepted a new role as an assistant to the club's development coach Gordon Cowans."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22631207

Great, great news!  Really pleased at this: there's no better example for the younger players to follow.

Views: 71

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Totally agree with you regarding this vivavilla as a role model for our young players you would in my opinion struggle to find a better example of how a professional footballer should behave on and off the field than Stan .

If he can pass on help advice and some of his technique with a ball to our academy players then with Sid and Stan working together i can see great days ahead for our Club regarding youth development .

U.T.V

Rizla01

What a superb combination!

Sid in his prime (before his terrible knee injury) was by far the best Villa player I've ever seen, and was still amazing when he came back as Sid Mark II. I've never seen anyone pass a ball like Sid could- Hoddle? Beckham? Not a patch on him. In terms of real quality central midfield players since Sid, except Stan I'm struggling- Andy Townsend for a season or two? I mean players who can just control a game with precision tackling and beautiful passing.

I'm assuming that these two have been and will continue to talk to young Westwood on a very frequent basis- he could be the next one. And we've already seen the quality coming from the youth since Sid (and to be fair KMac) were involved.

Anyone else got any ideas on post- Sid central midfield geniuses?

RSS

START A DISCUSSION

© 2017   Created by SPORT WITNESS.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service