Good news about Jack signing a new contract. For me the main things are what it says about Jack's attitude and the owners' intentions. 5 year contract doesn't mean he'll be here for 5 years. It does mean that the club is in a stronger position in dealing with predatory clubs like Spurs. It buys us time in allowing Jack time to developing with us, time to put in place the sort of team which should allow him to flourish. Thankfully the owners can see we need to hang onto whatever talent we've got.

Bad news Monday has gone and Bruce is still here. Inept doesn't cover it. We ought to beat Bristol C on Friday, even with our current form, but that wouldn't affect the underlying problem. And there is the real possibility of us losing. Would that be the final straw? Are the owners taking soundings on who might replace him? Nobody knows. Bruce may be able to spin a convincing line, but I can't see him fooling people of that experience.

The Ugly? It really seems a major mess to me. We have to many players but an unbalanced squad with gaps particularly in defence. In defence we have a CB loanee Tuanzebe who gets played anywhere but CB. Jedinak is touted as a CB but just doesn't know the job. Looks like we have an experienced and capable player Kodjia in attack competing for a place with a talented but raw Abraham; the two of them could form a partnership but the way they play it seems no work has been done on that partnership. Adomah is being shipped out one moment then finds himself slotted back in. El Ghazi hardly gets a look in. Bolassie isn't anywhere near fit. Players like Lansbury are nowhere to be seen, Barney just makes the bench and Hourihane is in and out. A shambles for somebody to sort out, some time or other.

I'm praying for a new manager. This is depresssing.

Views: 172

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That has to be it doesn't it?

Why?? Why did Whelan take the pen?

How many chances does he get, he has to go NOW

WHAT A WASTE OF SPACE 

Comedy at best Whelan taken Penalty? Fuck off Bruce

Nope! He’ll say we were comfortable until the red card and then fought back with only 10 men and should have got the win if we hadn’t missed the penalty. And the sad thing is he’s right! However he really needs to go now!

What has to happen before he is sacked ! .

He should have gone by now but he is been to many chances get rid

Now to give us any chance of saving this season .

Highly entertaining match! What are you complaining about?

I'm joking. What we saw was some very good players putting in some good individual performances while the overall shambles of the team let us down. For that shambles it's totally down to Bruce. I'd be surprised if the owners don't go for change (but I've been surprised before). The rule in football, now more than ever, is if it isn't working change. And it's not working. And it's not going to work.

Just one thing. He has to be totally responsible for how weak our defence is. That alone could cost us any chance of promotion. We've yet to meet the better teams. Chilling thought.

RSS

START A DISCUSSION

© 2019   Created by SPORT WITNESS.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service