On Tuesday at around 6pm, we published an article on the future of Dani Ceballos. It explained that the Betis player was seeing his contract coming to an end and receiving tempting offers from elsewhere. The story had come from Diario de Sevilla and they'd said Liverpool had offered the player €1.5m per year in wages and a car and house if he were to sign for them on a free transfer next year.
Betis are still holding hope for Ceballos to renew but talks aren't going anywhere quickly and attractive offers from elsewhere won't be helping. Diario de Sevilla didn't say a deal had been agreed, they didn't say anything was done or even insinuate at that.
Yet, there soon followed a claims from The Daily Express including 'LIVERPOOL have agreed a deal for Real Betis midfielder Dani Ceballos to join the club next summer, according to reports in Spain.
Seville-based newspaper Diario de Sevilla claim contact has already been made and the Spain Under-21 international will make the switch next June.'
Diario de Sevilla didn't claim that but given that The Express had made such a claim, others followed. Liverpool Kop said 'Done Deal: Liverpool agree to sign exciting €12m playmaker who idolises 'Xavi/Iniesta'
It's not at that stage just yet, everything needs to calm down slightly. Ceballos can't officially agree to anything until January and the possibility of staying at Betis hasn't been ruled out, with AS Roma interested in the player too.