Gabriel Agbonlahor has set his sights on becoming Aston Villa's highest Premier League goalscorer by the end of the season.

Agbonlahor is on 54 Premier League goals - six behind the club's current record holder Dwight Yorke.

"Yorkie was a great striker and it would be a tremendous achievement to beat that. It would mean a lot for me to catch his record and overtake him - and it would be nice to break the record this season," Agbonlahor said.

"Being a local lad, it's great when I score.

"But I don't make targets for myself and, if someone scores more than me, that's not a problem because it's good for the team."

Agbonlahor made his Villa debut in March 2006 and his best goal return was in 2009/2010 when he hit the target 16 times.

Views: 165

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

he will do it alright though, and in fairness in probably less games than Dwight played with us, as he was here for yonks!

ah maybe not actually as dwight didn't play for ages too, as nobody thought he was any good!

Fergie did :)

then why didn't he sign him sooner ? 

Dunno mate. Why dont u ask him?

No, it was defo brian little that realised that yorke was quality, even though i had been saying it for years previously. Though i did also think that nii lamptey was quality as well. I remember an interview that little gave, where he openly acknowledged that he didnt know that dwight was as good as he was until he arrived at villa. I will always love brian little for that moment of realisation. It made me having a yorke poster on my wall all the more ingenious.

Yorke is a player i'd loved since i was about 12... much underrated player by all I rek

RSS

START A DISCUSSION

© 2018   Created by SPORT WITNESS.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service